Mission Ridge is encouraging public engagement in the current public comment periods with Chelan County and the United States Forest Service. Over the past four years, thousands of hours of work by a team of over 20 specialists and planners have resulted in a robust plan that we at Mission Ridge are very proud of.
For over 50 years, Mission Ridge has been an integral part of the greater Wenatchee Valley and North Central Washington, as well as a destination for visitors throughout our region. Mission Ridge is primarily a day/local use alpine ski area. However, Mission Ridge also serves regional skiers who travel and rely upon overnight accommodations for multi-day skiing experiences.
Currently, Mission Ridge has limitations that have impeded the ability to provide a full range of services and has put sustainability of the ski area at risk. In 2014, Larry Scrivanich, owner of Mission Ridge, purchased approximately 800 acres of private land adjacent to the current Mission Ridge Ski and Board Resort (approx. 500 of those acres are included within the current project). Since then, the Mission Ridge team has been working with the Wenatchee Valley community to develop a plan that would integrate existing resort amenities with expanded services and recreational opportunities.
Key Areas needed for improvement:
- Added day-use parking lots
- Added Lodge Space, Restaurants and seating
- Added beginner and teaching terrain for new skiers and riders with magic carpets.
- New Nordic skiing trails.
- Overnight accommodations
- Non-ski activities to engage the whole family, such as snow tubing, snowshoeing, hiking and biking trails.
- Commercial uses such as shops, restaurants, and entertainment for the family
- Maintain the values of stewardship, community, and small mountain vibe - aka the Mission Ridge way of life...keep our soul intact while growing. Keep our roots and our ties to our community.
- Increase guest parking capacity.
- Improve and increase beginner terrain for teaching new guests.
- Add indoor seating and new food service options.
- Increase visitation enough to create financial stability and remain viable long term.
- Add overnight accommodations and community.
Get all of the details at: missionridge.com/expansion
- Add financial stability for Mission Ridge and ensure a secure future for the resort. The 50 year history of Mission Ridge is one of significant financial struggles.
- Plans to make improvements to the existing resort will happen in conjunction with the Expansion.
- Job creation in the Wenatchee Valley of 200 new jobs in the first 10 years of implementation of the plan.
- The economic impact of Mission Ridge is projected to grow from $14 million annually to $30 million through guests that visit the area, stay in hotels, shop in Downtown Wenatchee, eat at our restaurants and fuel up for the drive home.