Community Foundation of NCW Offers Training for New Board Members
The Community Foundation of NCW is now offering Board 101: The Basics, a 90-minute presentation by foundation staff to help new and prospective board members better understand the roles and responsibilities expected in serving an organization as a volunteer board member.
Board 101 will be offered quarterly, with maximum capacity is 25. The first presentation will be on Thursday, May 30, from 5:30PM – 7:30PM.
Board 101 is intended for:
• Those who haven’t served on a board, but want to know what it’s about
• New board members who have never served
• Board members who have been serving but want to brush up on basics
Board 101 will cover topics including:
• General introduction to the nonprofit sector and key terms
• Board roles and responsibilities
• Reading financials – the basics!
• Introduction to fundraising
• Board Meeting Tips
• Next steps – how to join a board & more educational resources
Participation is free, but registration is required.
Visit www.cfncw.org/board101 to learn more and register.
The Community Foundation of North Central Washington’s mission is to grow, protect, and connect charitable gifts in support of strong communities throughout Chelan, Douglas, and Okanogan counties. Established in 1986, the Community Foundation manages $85 million in assets through 500 individual funds and has awarded over $35 million in grants and scholarships.
For more information call 509-663-7716 or visit www.cfncw.org.