Join us for a VIP look into careers in Mechanical, Electrical & Civil Engineering with Chelan Co. PUD at the Rock Island Dam. This was the first dam to span the Columbia River, built back in 1932 and it is currently under a major rehabilitation. Director of Engineering & Project Management, Brett Bickford, will be facilitating the evening for us and has a lot of fun things in store! For the safety of all participants, please read and abide by the following required registration policy (THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS).
- Students must pre-register – In the notes section of the registration please list name of parent that will be dropping off. All names must be approved and on the guards list prior to arrival. Please email Chelsea Ewer at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions/concerns. No one will be allowed to participate if not pre-registered.
- No one under the age of 12 is allowed in the dam
- No ADA access. Must have ability to walk one mile and use stairs.
- MUST be on time. The guard station will only be monitored until 5:30, please arrive 5-10 minutes early.
- Clothing: Full length pants (NO jeans with holes), ¾ or long sleeve shirts and jacket, Sturdy leather footwear with solid tread.
- Safety vests & glasses as well as hard hats will be provided and must be worn at all times.
Careers After School events are free and open to 6-12 grade students, parents and educators. Light snacks and refreshments included. Space is limited so please RSVP!