Finding your way out of the Unemployment MazeName: Finding your way out of the Unemployment MazeDate: June 25, 2020Time: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM PDTEvent Description:
Are you a gig worker, freelancer, business owner or creative professional struggling to navigate the ins and outs of filing for unemployment? Then this webinar is for you!
Washington Filmworks, Whipsmart, the Washington Employment Security Department and Artist Trust are partnering to present a webinar answering the most common questions we’ve heard about unemployment. Expert Scott Michael, the Legal Services Coordination Manager for the Washington Employment Security Department, will shed some light on lots of topics including:
- Applying for a SBA loan vs. unemployment or both
- Tracking your time as a small business owner or contractor
- Navigating wait times for filing claims
- Reasons for disqualification and how to navigate the appeal process
- Eligibility for retroactive pay
- Fraud and identity theft and how it impacts weekly claims
Send over some of your own questions to [firstname.lastname@example.org] and we’ll add them into the mix! (And if you attend the webinar, you’ll have a chance to ask them there as well).