After School Teacher
FocalPoint Teachers bring patience, warmth, and understanding to the classroom every day, encouraging children to learn and grow. They inspire children to be lifelong learners using our reading, writing and math strategies that are unique to FocalPoint. Our Teachers are committed to making FocalPoint successful and know that creating meaningful relationships with children, families, and their team play a crucial role in that success.
As a member of our teaching staff, you will:
* Create a safe, nurturing environment where children can learn and grow
* Partner with parents with a shared desire to provide the best education for their children
* Implement FocalPoint's curriculum in a way that is consistent with the unique needs of each child
* Change gears quickly from reading to writing to math across multiple grade levels
* Supervise, support, and teach 3 - 4 students on individualized, pre-planned lessons each hour
* Communicate with management about each child's progress so lessons can be individualized each week
* Motivate students with FocalPoints -- allowing each to earn based on their effort and work
* Assist students from high performing advanced students to learning disabled students -- each at an appropriate level for them
The position is part-time and pays $21/hour.