SkillSource is a non-profit training organization funded by the federal Workforce Investment Act and overseen by the North Central Washington Worforce Development Council. We help workers develop the skills to prosper and businesses develop the skilled workforce to profit.
CORE SERVICES are FREE to anyone and include workshops on topics such as career exploration, interest & aptitude assessment, resume/cover letter writing, effective job search, interviewing skills & computer literacy skills.
INTENSIVE AND TRAINING SERVICES are available to eligible youth, adults & dislocated workers:
** Basic Skills - Education & life skills training to enable youth & adults to become confident, productive & employable.
** Computer Skills - Small, hands-on, instructor-led computer training gives learners the opportunity to update computer application skills or learn about computers for the first time. IC3 computer literacy & Microsoft MCAS or MOS certifications.
BUSINESS SERVICES are available to assist local employers with employee recruitment and retention:
** On-the-Job Training - 50% reimbursement of a new employee's gross wages to help offset the cost of training. May also include reimbursement of formal related training, assistance with tools/equipment, & work clothes.
** Customized Employer Training - Designed to assist with incumbent worker training for skill-specific, formal training and related expenses. Employers contribute 50% towards the cost of the training. SkillSource contributes the other 50%!
** Screening & referral of trained, qualified job candidates.
- SKILLED WORKERS ARE NOT BORN...THEY'RE TRAINED!
- FREE workshops: Career exploration, resume/cover letter writing, job search methods, interviewing skills
- Basic Skills: Education and life skills training to enable youth & adults to become confident, productive & employable
- Computer Training: Basic, intermediate and advanced business applications, including Microsoft Office certifications
- On-the-Job Training: Up to 50% reimbursement of gross wages to offset cost of new employee training